HUDS is the oldest collegiate foodservice in America and is a self-sustaining department of Harvard University under the Vice President for Campus Services. We are also one of the largest collegiate food service operators. With nearly $71 million in annual foodservice revenue, HUDS ranks third among self-operated college foodservice departments in the country. We proudly serve an average of 22,000 meals a day during the academic year and 5 million meals annually, with a staff that is 650 individuals strong.
Our mission: HUDS nourishes and supports the students, faculty, staff and guests of Harvard by creating experiences that foster friendship, encourage learning, and cultivate community.
- Create a variety of nutritious, enticing, and flavorful food
- Provide experiences that nurture and delight
- Deliver professional, exemplary service
- Build long-term relationships and cultivate community
- Respect and develop our diverse, talented staff
- Share our expertise and insight through value-added services
- Seek efficiencies and remain fiscally responsible
- Pursue Excellence
- Cultivate Community
- Act with Integrity
- Share Expertise