How to Participate
Interested in being a Farmers' Market vendor? Download the market application.
Before submitting your application, please familiarize yourself with the market rules. If your application is accepted, you will be asked to sign off on the rules of the market.
We aim to select the greatest variety of vendors to sell at the Farmers’ Market at Harvard. We will be accepting applications between February 1st and March 15th via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (Gwen Koch, 65 Winthrop St., Cambridge, MA 02138). We will not accept any applications after March 15th. We will let vendors know if they are accepted into the market by April 1st.
BASIC MARKET DETAILS
• The 2019 market will operate on Tuesdays from June 11th until November 26th.
• Vendors may participate in the Summer, Fall, or full market season.
• The hours of the market are 12-6pm, though on November 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th, the market will close at 4:30pm.
• Vendors must register with the City of Cambridge Public Health department and meet all other food safety requirements pertinent to their products.
• Market friendliness and professionalism are extremely important- in interactions with the market managers, customers, and other vendors.
• Producers must be local (from New England) with preference given to Massachusetts-based entities.
• Value-added food vendors will be evaluated based partly on where and how their ingredients are grown and processed.
• We encourage and prioritize producers who practice (or use ingredients from) sustainable farming methods including IPM or organic growing practices and pastured and humane livestock stewardship.
• We support family or cooperatively owned businesses that use fair labor practices.
• Though Cambridge is a relatively affluent area we have many SNAP customers and students in debt who shop at the market and value vendors who offer affordable and healthy options.
• We encourage all vendors to apply, though are especially looking for: meat, dairy, egg, mushroom, locally-sourced ready-to-eat lunch options, and bean/vegetable protein vendors for 2019.