Packouts will be available effective Friday, April 8 through Friday, May 13.
Take-out options are available for groups of students in need of a meal replacement for both on- and off-campus events. In order to request a packout, you MUST submit an online request in keeping with the below criteria.
- Request must be submitted using the Harvard College Student Packout Request Form.
- Harvard-sponsored event (see Harvard College Dean of Students Office for a list) may request food for multiple meal periods. All other student clubs and groups may request food for one meal period only. You must submit a form request for each meal period.
- Requests must be made 7 business day in advance for events with more than 50 people, and 5 business days in advance for all other group sizes.
- Food is provided only for the number of valid ID numbers supplied. Student names and sixteen digit numbers (associated with the thin stripe on the ID) must be submitted at the time of your request. All ID numbers will be locked out of the corresponding meal periods, and cannot be reactivated once blocked.
- Food provided is for consumption by Harvard students on the meal plan only. Additional food may be purchased as a catered event.
- Only nutritionally balanced meals may be provided. Catering style foods such as cheeseboards, dessert platters, tea service and similar items are handled as catered event items and will be priced according to the House Function menu.
- Packouts may only be ordered during the regular academic year when dining halls are open. Special meal periods such as Winter Break and Spring Break are excluded.
- Due to Health Code Regulations, HUDS cannot supply hot foods to be consumed off premise. It is up to the host group to ensure all perishable food will be held under proper temperature guidelines (below 40°) during transportation and storage and that all basic safe food handling procedures are followed including: hand washing & sanitizing, sanitized preparation surfaces and proper storage, and cooking food to proper temperatures.
- Food for a group or club that is outside the meal plan may be purchased as a catered event and can be paid with a University Billing Code, Voucher, Crimson Cash, Cash or Check made out to HUDS.
- Borrowed dining service equipment must be secured by deposit check. Please check with your house regarding the availability of BBQ grills and other equipment.