Thanks for your interest in the FLP fellowship! Currently all our positions are full. Below is the job description; applications will open again in March. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other ideas on how to stay involved.
Commitment details (about 5 hrs per week):
- Attend weekly meetings, Tuesdays from 7:00 - 8:30pm. Every other week we invite in a guest speaker; past guests have included New Entry Farm, Food for Free, and HUDS Director of Culinary.
- Organize 3 FLP events per semester for your house community. Be creative! Hold an apple tasting, host a cooking competition. Tour the dining hall tunnels!
- Attend 3 FLP events per semester, including farm field trips and cooking classes.
- Work in partnership with HUDS to raise awareness of food related issues on campus (e.g. food waste, food recovery).
- Attend the Spring and Fall FLP retreat.
What we're looking for:
- An eagerness to learn more about our food system.
- The motivation to stay on task, plan ahead, and organize opportunities to build community and food literacy within your house.
What you’ll get:
- Expanded knowledge about the food system.
- Demonstrable experience in event planning, budgeting and marketing.
- Volunteer and hands-on experience with local food organizations.
- Opportunities to engage with Harvard students across the college, who are working to increase food literacy.
FLP fellows receive a $1300 stipend per academic year, paid in four installments.