Thanks for your interest in the Food Literacy Project fellowship! The deadline to apply for the 2023-2024 school year is Friday, June 16, 2023. See more info below.
There are still a few open positions for FLP Fellows! If interested, please follow the application instructions below, and apply by Sunday, September 17, 2023.
Food Literacy Project (FLP) Fellow (Undergraduate)
The Food Literacy Project is HUDS’ food education initiative. With focuses on sustainability, nutrition, food preparation & community, the FLP seeks to empower everyone to make informed food choices. Interested in educating the Harvard community about food? Apply to be a Food Literacy Project (FLP) Fellow!
Open Positions for the 2023-2024 academic year:
-First-Year Fellows (2)
-Mather House Fellow
Please note your year and House in your cover letter.
Commitment details (about 5 hrs per week):
- Must be available to attend weekly in-person meetings on Wednesday afternoons from 4:30-5:30pm. Every other week we invite in a guest speaker; past guests have included New Entry Farm, Food for Free, and HUDS Director of Culinary.
- Organize FLP events for your House and/or neighborhood community.
- Attend other Fellows' FLP events.
- Work on FLP and/or HUDS projects, as assigned.
- Help communicate the FLP and its upcoming events by tabling at 2 events per semester.
- Work in partnership with HUDS to raise awareness of food related issues on campus (e.g. food waste, food recovery).
- Attend the Fall and Spring FLP retreat.
*Commitment details are subject to change.
What you’ll get:
- Expanded knowledge about the food system.
- Demonstrable experience in event planning, budgeting and marketing.
- Direct interaction with practitioners at the top of their field.
- Volunteer and hands-on experience with local food organizations.
- Opportunities to engage with a community of Harvard students across the college, who are working to increase food literacy.
FLP fellows receive a $1,500 stipend per academic year, paid in four installments.
Send your resumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 16, 2023. In your cover letter, explain why you are interested in becoming an FLP fellow, and what you can bring to the position. All Harvard College students, regardless of prior knowledge about food, are encouraged to apply. Please note your year, house and contact information in your email or cover letter.
Fellow applications are reviewed on a rolling, and as-needed basis.
What we're looking for:
- An eagerness to learn more about our food system.
- The motivation to stay on task, plan ahead and organize opportunities to build community and food literacy within your house and neighborhood.
- Engagement in FLP meetings and activities.
Federal Work Study Program Preference: Either FWSP or non-FWSP