On Call Catering Waitstaff
Working for Crimson Catering, On-Call Catering Waitstaff have the opportunity to pick up shifts for on-campus events. Shifts vary by day and time, based on catered event needs, and can be "picked up" based on availability for as few or as many hours a week as suits your schedule. Catering Waitstaff help in the delivery, set up, plating, service and break down of catered events.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the load in of catering equipment.
- Set up and break down event space, tables, food and beverage stations to specifications communicated by Event Manager/Supervisor.
- "Plate" food items for a served meal or staff buffets, as service requires.
- Complete all assigned duties, seeking guidance when needed.
- Maintain a sense of urgency throughout the shift.
- Must be an enrolled Harvard undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be dependable, punctual, neat and clean.
- Consistently offer professional and warm hospitality to all guests.
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all existing positions in the event space/unit.
- Complete two hours of training and be approved by the trainer for shifts. Upon adequate completion of training you will be paid for that time, and will be eligible to pick up shifts for events as they become available.
$15.00/ hour plus staff meals, if applicable.
Prior serving experience preferred, but not required. Possess excellent communication skills. Attention to detail in creating dining room and buffet ambience.
RSVP using the below linlk for one of the two available training dates (to be held at 65-67 Winthrop Street, Cambridge).
- Thursday, Sept 7, from 5:00-6:30pm
- Tuesday, Sept 12 from 6:30-8:00pm
Upon successful completion of training, you will then be offered shifts through the "When I Work" scheduling system.